Flamin Clanz
Welcome Guest!
You can Log in, Register or click the DON'T DISPLAY AGAIN button to never display this Pop up again.
Flamin Clanz
Welcome Guest!
You can Log in, Register or click the DON'T DISPLAY AGAIN button to never display this Pop up again.
Flamin Clanz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Random Pictures
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:09 pm by Fallen-Angel

» HD TV's
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:17 pm by Proeliator Phasmatis Clan

» Left 4 dead 2!!!!
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:00 am by Fallen-Angel

» Update 4.01
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world EmptyFri May 22, 2009 12:23 pm by Hell Knight913

» What would you do in this situation?
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:20 am by Fallen-Angel

» Top 5 least favorite games
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:27 pm by Proeliator Phasmatis Clan

» What would you do with £1million?
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:25 am by Fallen-Angel

» New Alien Versus Predator Game
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:47 am by Hell Knight913

» hey visit this site!
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:02 am by Hell Knight913

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Hell Knight913
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_lcapTen ways that technology could destroy the world I_voting_barTen ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_rcap 
Fallen-Angel
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_lcapTen ways that technology could destroy the world I_voting_barTen ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_rcap 
Proeliator Phasmatis Clan
Lord_of_the_Smash
SicklyChris
TacoZoe
DragonHeart
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Flamin Clanz on your social bookmarking website
Forum Jobs

Here is a list of opening for the Forum Jobs

Advertiser

Chat_Moderator

Game_Creator

Reporter

Click here to see what the jobs are for.

Counter
Doom Masters

Flamin Clanz Hit Counter - Actived in December

Rocky Balboa - No Easy Way Out
Poll
Out of these games, which one do you like the most?
Doom Series
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_lcap29%Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Left 4 Dead
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_lcap29%Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Gears of War Series
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_lcap0%Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Halo Series
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_lcap14%Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Fable Series
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_lcap0%Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Unreal Torunament Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Age of Empires Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Sonic The Hedgehog Series
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_lcap14%Ten ways that technology could destroy the world I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Soul Calibur Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Call of Duty Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Mario Kart Series
 0% [ 0 ]
WipEout Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Guitar Hero Series
 14% [ 1 ]
Wolfenstein Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hell Knight913
Admin
Hell Knight913

Male
Number of posts : 322
Health :
Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Right_bar_bleue

Alignment : Neutral
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Empty
PostSubject: Ten ways that technology could destroy the world   Ten ways that technology could destroy the world EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 2:32 am

If you thought that technology problems ended with the millennium bug, think again. One of the wonderful things about innovation is that as scientists develop new technologies, doom-mongers delight in telling us how they could catapult us back to the dark ages, or worse.

Elite Gamers takes a look at the technology that could start an armageddon

Technological singularity

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Robotworld430x300

What if robots get smart and keep humans as pets?

The idea that machines could take over the world is more than just a plotline from The Terminator.

The technological singularity is the theoretical point in time when machine intelligence becomes the superior force, and some experts predict that could come as soon as 2020 - better start being nice to that toaster.

Doom Potential: 6/10

Nanobots

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Nanobot430x300

What if tiny robots kill everything?

Nanotechnology is machinery measured on a miniscule scale - a billionth of a meter, give or take.

Theoretically, the technology could solve problems such as sewage, with nanobots killing off bacteria. However, doom-mongers argue that far more research is needed to study what the long-term impacts could be.

Doom Potential: 7/10

Nuclear power

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Nuclearpower430x300

What if Chernobyl happens all over again?

As the government considers creating more nuclear power stations to prevent energy shortages, doubts remain over their safety.

Concerns have been raised over the safety of the facilities themselves, the environmental impact of the disposing of radioactive waste and the potential targets that they provide to terrorist organisations.

The Large Hadron Collider

What if there's a BIG bang?

Scientists at CERN say that the Large Hadron Collider, the massive particle accelerator located underneath Switzerland and France, is extremely unlikely to create a black hole that swallows the earth.

However, surely we’re right to be a little bit nervous that there's a man underneath France whose hand hovers over the on switch of a big bang machine?

Doom Potential: 3/10

SETI

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Seti430x300

What if the real E.T. isn’t lovable?

There are currently a number of active SETI (Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) projects in action. All of them are after one thing – contact with alien intelligence.

However, if we actually succeed who’s to say that it won’t be more like Independence Day than E.T.?

Doom Potential: 4/10

Genetic engineering

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Dna430x300

What if we’re not very good at playing God?

Scientists have been manipulating genetic structure to alter characteristics since the 1950s and the science is now commonplace in procedures like infertility treatment.

However, critics say that genetic engineering could lead to dangerous mutations and that we should leave well alone when it comes to DNA.

Wireless energy transfer

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Wireless430x300

What if we can get electrocuted without wires?

Much the same way that a wifi system works by transmitting radio signals to a receiver, so wireless power means that chargers and wires could become a thing of the past.

Soon you will be able to zap power to your gadgets without the need for any leads. But would you feel safe walking into an "electricity hotspot"?

The Internet

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Binary430x300

What if civilization collapses without face-to-face communication?

As the web develops ever-greater applications and even better means of communication, could we see society crumbling as we’re all too busy social networking?

If that’s not bad enough just ask your health and safety rep about the dangers of sitting in front of a computer monitor all day.

Doom Potential: 2/10

Space junk

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Spacejunk430x300

What hope is there for humanity if we’re already littering space?

Not only are we creating unmanageable amounts of rubbish here on earth, but there is a build-up of debris outside of our atmosphere called space junk.

Space junk consists of abandoned satellites and rockets and is estimated to contain around a million pieces, all travelling unbelievably fast around the earth.

A super worm

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world Worm430x300

What if a virus infects all of our computers and systems?

As the world deals with the Conficker worm, which has already spread itself onto an estimated nine million computers around the world, doom-mongers like to consider what a super worm could do.

If a super worm infected every computer in the world and switched them off, effectively it could send humanity back to the 1970s and cause global disorder.

Doom potential: 9/10
Back to top Go down
https://flaminclanz.forumotion.com

Ten ways that technology could destroy the world
Page 1 of 1