Flamin Clanz
Welcome Guest!
You can Log in, Register or click the DON'T DISPLAY AGAIN button to never display this Pop up again.
Flamin Clanz
Welcome Guest!
You can Log in, Register or click the DON'T DISPLAY AGAIN button to never display this Pop up again.
Flamin Clanz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Random Pictures
Top 10 Controversial Games EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:09 pm by Fallen-Angel

» HD TV's
Top 10 Controversial Games EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:17 pm by Proeliator Phasmatis Clan

» Left 4 dead 2!!!!
Top 10 Controversial Games EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:00 am by Fallen-Angel

» Update 4.01
Top 10 Controversial Games EmptyFri May 22, 2009 12:23 pm by Hell Knight913

» What would you do in this situation?
Top 10 Controversial Games EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:20 am by Fallen-Angel

» Top 5 least favorite games
Top 10 Controversial Games EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:27 pm by Proeliator Phasmatis Clan

» What would you do with £1million?
Top 10 Controversial Games EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:25 am by Fallen-Angel

» New Alien Versus Predator Game
Top 10 Controversial Games EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:47 am by Hell Knight913

» hey visit this site!
Top 10 Controversial Games EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:02 am by Hell Knight913

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
Hell Knight913
Top 10 Controversial Games I_vote_lcapTop 10 Controversial Games I_voting_barTop 10 Controversial Games I_vote_rcap 
Fallen-Angel
Top 10 Controversial Games I_vote_lcapTop 10 Controversial Games I_voting_barTop 10 Controversial Games I_vote_rcap 
Proeliator Phasmatis Clan
Lord_of_the_Smash
SicklyChris
TacoZoe
DragonHeart
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Flamin Clanz on your social bookmarking website
Forum Jobs

Here is a list of opening for the Forum Jobs

Advertiser

Chat_Moderator

Game_Creator

Reporter

Click here to see what the jobs are for.

Counter
Doom Masters

Flamin Clanz Hit Counter - Actived in December

Rocky Balboa - No Easy Way Out
Poll
Out of these games, which one do you like the most?
Doom Series
Top 10 Controversial Games I_vote_lcap29%Top 10 Controversial Games I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Left 4 Dead
Top 10 Controversial Games I_vote_lcap29%Top 10 Controversial Games I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Gears of War Series
Top 10 Controversial Games I_vote_lcap0%Top 10 Controversial Games I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Halo Series
Top 10 Controversial Games I_vote_lcap14%Top 10 Controversial Games I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Fable Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Unreal Torunament Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Age of Empires Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Sonic The Hedgehog Series
 14% [ 1 ]
Soul Calibur Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Call of Duty Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Mario Kart Series
 0% [ 0 ]
WipEout Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Guitar Hero Series
 14% [ 1 ]
Wolfenstein Series
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Top 10 Controversial Games

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fallen-Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Fallen-Angel

Female
Number of posts : 191
Health :
Top 10 Controversial Games Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Top 10 Controversial Games Right_bar_bleue

Alignment : Evil
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Top 10 Controversial Games Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Controversial Games   Top 10 Controversial Games EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:05 am

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/controversial-games/controversial-games/1298246

Death Race (1976, Arcade)
Inspired by the cult film Death Race 2000, this 1976 coin-op challenged players to run down humanoid "gremlins" while avoiding tombstones left in their wake. While its graphics seem primitive by today's standards, it was labeled "sick" by countless media outlets, earning it the title of the world's first controversial video game.

Mortal Kombat (1992, Arcade)

This groundbreaking platform game inadvertently raised the ire of the Muslim world when it was discovered that one of the game's licensed songs contained sacred passages from the Qur'an. Sony issued a full recall only days before releasing, costing the company both revenue and peace of mind during the busy holiday season.

This legendary fighting game series hasn't always enjoyed flawless victories. Though its slick graphics and instantly iconic characters made it a breakout hit, its sheer brutality and chilling "Fatalities" made it an easy target for anti-violence crusaders. Eventually, the game was brought before Congress in hearings that led to the creation of the body that puts age certificates on games to this day, the ESRB.

Doom (1993, PC)

Landmark Martian monster mash Doom has been riling up religious groups since flying out of Hell in 1993, but it didn't truly hit the big time until it was tied to the tragic 1999 massacre at Columbine High School. Several victims' families filed lawsuits against the film and video game industries, which were ultimately dismissed.

Postal (1997, PC)

Naming a game after a slang term describing homicides by disgruntled U.S. Postal employees during the '80s and '90s might be considered a lapse in judgment...which is exactly what the USPS sought when they sued the pants off the developers for trademark infringement. The case would eventually be tossed out of court.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004, Playstation 2)

Calling "Hot Coffee" -- the game's infamous, sexually-explicit mini-game -- a significant controversy is an embarrassing understatement; the incident opened the floodgates of video game legislation, resulted in a massive recall and re-rating of San Andreas, and obliterated the 2005 fiscal earnings of Take 2 Interactive. Maybe they should have ordered tea.

Resistance: Fall of Man (2006, Playstation 3)

This acclaimed first-person shooter was one of the PS3's bright spots during its first year. Unfortunately, the designers forgot to ask the Church of England for permission to use Manchester Cathedral in a game featuring guns, bullets and alien hordes. Both sides eventually made nice, though the seemingly negative publicity led to a significant increase in sales.

Manhunt 2 (2007; Playstation 2, Wii, PSP)

Officially destroying the Wii's innocence, Manhunt 2 allowed users to perform horrific executions using the system's motion-sensitive controllers. That quickly earned it the dreaded AO rating by the ESRB, effectively rendering it banned until the developers edited the offending content. Sadly, all that hubbub was for naught, as the game received low scores and marginal sales.

Mass Effect (2007, Xbox 360)

When Fox News and psychologist Cooper Lawrence heard that players could consummate a romantic relationship in this role-playing adventure, they went on the offensive. Unfortunately, they also got the facts wrong, resulting in a deluge of angry words from game publisher EA and tons of free publicity for the award-winning game.

LittleBigPlanet (2008, Playstation 3)

This groundbreaking platform game inadvertently raised the ire of the Muslim world when it was discovered that one of the game's licensed songs contained sacred passages from the Qur'an. Sony issued a full recall only days before releasing, costing the company both revenue and peace of mind during the busy holiday season.

Resident Evil 5 (2009; Xbox 360, Playstation 3)

Set in an African nation teeming with undead monsters, the latest in the acclaimed horror series has been accused of promoting racist imagery by featuring a white protagonist killing hordes of black zombies. Despite the controversy, the game has already shipped over 4 million units worldwide.
Back to top Go down
Hell Knight913
Admin
Hell Knight913

Male
Number of posts : 322
Health :
Top 10 Controversial Games Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Top 10 Controversial Games Right_bar_bleue

Alignment : Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Controversial Games   Top 10 Controversial Games EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:33 am

I have played half of them games and there is no surprise that they made the top 10 Controversial Games.
Back to top Go down
https://flaminclanz.forumotion.com
Fallen-Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Fallen-Angel

Female
Health :
Top 10 Controversial Games Left_bar_bleue175 / 200175 / 200Top 10 Controversial Games Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Controversial Games   Top 10 Controversial Games EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:34 am

That is true, but the LittleBigPlanet one was a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Hell Knight913
Admin
Hell Knight913

Male
Number of posts : 322
Health :
Top 10 Controversial Games Left_bar_bleue200 / 200200 / 200Top 10 Controversial Games Right_bar_bleue

Alignment : Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Controversial Games   Top 10 Controversial Games EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:36 am

I didn't think it was, there is lots of funny things you can do in that game
Back to top Go down
https://flaminclanz.forumotion.com
Fallen-Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Fallen-Angel

Female
Health :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Controversial Games   Top 10 Controversial Games EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:36 am

I know! I love the game! The little guys are cute!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Controversial Games   Top 10 Controversial Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Controversial Games
Page 1 of 1